Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cape Town Stadium turned into an abattoir

Yesterday Portugal faced off against Korea DPR at the beautiful Cape Town Stadium today at 13h30. I was one of the lucky 63, 644 fans to witness a goal scoring feast that happens to also be the highest score at World Cup 2010 thus far.

I was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency at which the transport system operated from the CBD to the drop off point near the stadium. Looking at all the fans queuing to get into the stadium I must admit I was a bit worried we weren't going to make it in time for the kickoff. Then again without much hassle we were in the stadium listening to thousands of fans blowing their vuvuzelas.

All in all I had a fantastic day in the Mother City being pleasantly surprised by the efficiency at which everything ran building up to and including the match of the day. But the highlight of my day was watching a high scoring match seeing that I only had this one world cup ticket.

No comments: