Wednesday, November 26, 2008

MY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF SERVING CHRIST AND BEING DRUG FREE

Two years ago on this exact day,I was down and out and on the brink of suicide.I called out on the name of The Lord and was miraculously set free from eight years of drug addiction.I accepted Jesus Christ into my life and every desire to ever want to do drugs again was removed from within me.I had to put my trust in someone(Jesus Christ)whom i did not know,but deep down inside i knew it was the right and only thing to do.This was a total transformation for me as i came out of a lifestyle of drug dealing and gangserism.

One of the horrific things I did when I was on drugs was that I almost killed my mother and father.The drugs made me so paranoid I thought they(my parents)hired people to kill me.So i went home one evening with the intension to kill them and to show the world that you do not mess with me.I got the longest knife in our home and held them at knife point threatening to stab them through their face.Through the grace of God I did not go through with it.The devil is a liar because not only has God restored my relationship with my parents,But he also gave me an extended family within the body of Christ.

The Imapct Centre played a major role in my life and this is where my life was reconstructed and i was equipped to give back to the community.I am now a community developer and one of the counsellors at the Centre.Its just so awesome to be giving back to the community once destroyed and terrorised.I have committed my life to Christ and to help everyone i possibly can that is still stuck in the grips of drugs.

This has been the most exiting two years of my life.I have been on radio twice,on tv twice and got to fly in a aeroplane for the first time.But most excitingly is too see peoples lives transformed an seeing what God is doing in their lives.

I dedicate this post to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who brought me out of the muddy clay and set my feet upon the rock

I know that I will never ever go back to using drugs because my only desire now is to serve Christ,and He will never forsake me.

I know there are drug addicts out there that is looking for a way out.Jesus is the only way.All I know is that I once was lost,but now i,m found.I was blind but now I see.And i know what He has done for me,He can do for you

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! your words stir mixed feelings... Feelings of awe, sadness, realization, things that teeter at the edge of my thoughts, long after reading your blogpost. There are so many people from all walks of life, social standings and religious beliefs... all fighting such a huge struggle to overcome their addictions.

Two years and counting...That's really a huge achievement. Congrats! May your every step forward fill you with motivation, inner strength, and the ability to make a difference to lives you touch :)

chromie said...

hey my brother GOD has really carried you through you should continue whorshiping him love you my brother

chromie said...

hey my brother GOD has really carried you through you should continue whorshiping him love you my brother

Anonymous said...

Hi Brent

Congratulations on your two year mark.

We are so proud of you and I know especially mummy. God has answerd her prayers and more. Thank you Lord Jesus for your Mercy and Grace.

Love you and with Jesus by your side, the road ahead can only be better and brighter.