Tuesday, September 9, 2008

FROM DRUG DEN TO LECTURE HALL

Just over a year ago I was still sitting with my fellow gang members and friends, high on methamphetamine/tik, not even coming close to imagining that one day I would be speaking to a lot of lecturers, big time bloggers and other influential names in the media and technology world. On Thursday Clinton and myself spoke at the www (world wide web) at U.C.T and that itself was an achievement and a mind blowing experience. Literally a couple of days later I find myself (in an aeroplane) for the 1st time, on my way to Grahamstown to another conference (D.C.I conference) What amazes me is that this all took place within the space of three days. How awesome and good is God!? I attended another conference in Grahamstown(Highway to Africa conference)I did not speak at this conference, but was just absorbing in what was happening around me. This was truly an amazing experience. I give God all the glory, praise and honour.I take no credit or glory for myself because God had orchestrated all of this.

If there is any person out there that is struggling with drugs and think that there is no purpose for your life, that you don’t have anything to live for….God has a plan and purpose for you

No comments: