Thursday, December 3, 2009

8 Year-old experiences the reality of God

On Saturday morning while getting ready to take my boys to Tee Ball my 8-year-old son Junaid said to his mom that he would really love to hit a home run in his match that day. Being the great mom she is Shameez encouraged him to pray and ask God to help him hit the home run he so much wanted and they immediately prayed together. We soon left home and headed to the Tee Ball field.

At this time I was still not aware about what happened at home. When it came to Junaid’s batting turn he hit a beautiful line drive through the diamond and the ball continued to race between two fielders allowing Junaid to complete his home run. All the supporters jumped up in jubilation to celebrate with Junaid. It was at this point that my wife Shameez told me about the what they (Shameez and Junaid) had prayed for at home. I immediately stopped and thanked God for answering Junaids prayer and making himself real to my son.

After the game I congratulated Junaid on his home run and also asked him about him praying and asking God to help him hit a home run and he just smiled with me and nodded his head in agreement. We spoke some more about it later on and I urged him to thank The Lord for answering his prayer and he agreed to do so.

I would like to take this opportunity to again thank The Lord Jesus Christ for making Himself real to my son in a practical way and for boosting his faith. My encouragement to the readers is to read Romans 1 : 21.

Remember to always give thanks and you will get more. Be blessed.

Posted from "From the balcony"

No comments: