Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lonely(a duel poem)

I watch her from a distance;
Always having fun.
I wonder what its like
When youre not the only one.

Your friends are all you have
When your famillys' never there.
No one for your comfort.
No one for your care.

A closet for a room;
I sit there by myself
Unable to sleep at night
With no one but myself.

She comes to school in rags,
Dark circles around her eyes,
Cuts and bruises on her legs and arms,
As if shes been beaten through the night.

She looks at me
From a crowd of friends.
Examines me from affar.
She walks over to me.
'Hi'

I look at her blankly...
Confused...
Why is she talking to me
Instead of her friends?

I look into her eyes;
So familiar,
Just like mine...
Lonely

She stares at me
As if she knows me;
A close friend
From deep within.
'Hi'

She says again.
I hesitate...
'H-Hi'............
.......................

No longer am I lonely.
Ive found what I was missing.
Someone to understand me;
A true friend.

The first friend ive ever had;
A sister more or less.
No longer am I lonely.
I have a friend at last.

No sleeping in an empty house;
A sister there for me.

No sleeping in a dark closet;
A brand new home for me.

No watching from across the room
Wondering what its like.
We have each other
Dont you see
We arent lonely
Anymore.

Heaven Ludy

No comments: