Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I'M A SUPERHERO"

"I often ask myself what I can do to make this world a better place."

All of us probably had a dream of becoming a superhero when we where younger or maybe it is just those who dared to dream.

I think you become a superhero when you begin to do things that is impossible in the sight of others.When you bring hope in some way where hope does not exist.When you have an ability that can change a life.My favourite superhero is spider man.

We all know that spider man found his power when a spider bit him.I remember the words of his grandfather in the movie,"with great power comes great responsibility".

I on the other hand am not a character in a comic book but a real person living a real life but I choose to believe whatever my creator tells me in His word,believing what Phil4:13 say,"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

I lived a life as a drug addict for six years(methamphetamine/ tik).Many of my brothers that I left in the underworld are still addicts.Just like the way I was living,thinking there is no way out of the underworld,you go on living believing hell is your destiny.
"BUT"

Just like when the spider bit spider man and then he received his powers,I received Jesus Christ into my life,I put my weak hand into his strong hand,the miracle is that in one moment,through a prayer,GOD almighty took away an addiction that almost destroyed my life in a period of six years.

Today I live my life in Christ Jesus and He is proving through me that He is that answer,the way out of that small little thing that looks like a mountain to us.That impossible situation that you believe you will die in.Jesus is Lord and nothing is impossible for Him.

GOD almighty uses people to demonstrate His power.He does anything He wants to and does not need permission because He is the book of life.If GOD is using me to do the impossible.

Then:"I am a superhero"

No comments: