Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm a Survivor


Last week we celebrated children's day, and my heart goes out to all having to face the evil of child sexual abuse.

As a survivor of child sexual abuse, I myself no what it is, the confusion, victimization, emotional and physical pain a child suffers when facing this kind of exploitation... and yes it not only endangers or impairs but destroys a child's physical and emotional health, well being and development.I ended up living a promiscuous lifestyle of sexual and gender confusion for 20 years and believed that i was meant to be a woman and not a man...affecting my hole family's life. At the age of 14 dropped out of school, could not focus felt like a loser always being mocked and rejected, my molestation was following me with out me knowing and i grew up thinking that this is the way it was meant to be...yes even believing God crated me to be this way.

I am one of the lucky no blessed ones who made it out off that dark world and knows That God's love and redemption are bigger than my messiness, setbacks, and sufferings; therefore, i run to Him and not from Him.
We need to take care of our children, they don't have to suffer at the hand of sexual perpetrators inflicting harm and and molesting the God's blessing to us...Educate your children, responsible stewardship...your mind, body, and private parts, all made to serve God's healthy...does your children know they can come to you and talk about this...do you know how to recognize the symptoms of molestation?

I know it not easy to talk about this, but it's happening right under our noise and children don't know how to deal with it and end up messed up. We need to take a stand for them.

God shall wipe away all tears Rev.21:4
#Sy Rogers

No comments: