Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two cops critically injured on my door step

This morning Craig, Clinton and myself headed off to a meeting at Marlon Parker’s house with the director of the movie: “I Now Pronounce You Black and White”. Our meeting was however canceled and then we decided to head back to the RLABS office.

This is the horrific scene we came across

On our way back to the office we came across a horrific scene. We saw lots of police vans and cops standing in lower Klipfontein road. We approached what seemed to be a crime scene. As we did further investigation we discovered that two police officers has been shot by one of the new and upcoming gangs, The Playboys. I have heard previously by my ex gang members, that this gang is trying to make a statement and they should not be messed with.

Well they certainly got tongues wagging. The members in this particular gang are very young and are growing in numbers by the day. What has our country come to, when not even our cops are safe? Two members of the PlayBoy gang were in the park in the early hours of the morning and when the cops approached them they opened fire on them, critically injuring them. This took place about 5 minutes drive from where I live.

the two muredered cops colleagues on the murder scene

The two cops colleagues on the crime scene

Thank God that I am no longer caught up in this madness but I am however praying without ceasing for those still caught up in gangstersim and violence. My heart goes out to the families of the cops who was critically injured in this incident. I pray that the peace of God will be with them.

No comments: